how many new games each year?

Started by
2 comments, last by Obscure 18 years, 2 months ago
I'm sorry to ask such detailed figures but I would really like to know how many games are being put on the market each year. I found some "contradicting' figures in one report its claimed that more than 3000 games are put on the market each year and in some others its claimed little over 1000. Does anyone know any exact figures about 2004? I looked on the site of the esa but there are no figures there.
Game Engineering ResearcherSee www.helpyouplay.com
Advertisement
That sort of market data is only really available if you pay. The reason it is so hard to pin down is that it's not always clear what is being measured. When a figure is quoted without being defined it could be console games, or PC, or both. It may include educational software, edutainment, value titles or titles that are re-released on a value label after previously being full price and possibly even digital downloads.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Do you know where you could get this information? maybe its freely accessible for academia? I would like to know if this number is increasing or decreasing each year.
Game Engineering ResearcherSee www.helpyouplay.com
You will find a list of research companies at http://www.obscure.co.uk/directory_market.shtml. NPD is probably the best bet. Alternatively call up the ESA and ask them. They will probably have that info.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement