Directx SDK dosn't like MSVS 2005?

Started by
3 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 2 months ago
I'm using MSVS 2005 pro and attempted to install the directx SDK to resume programming (havn't been at it for 8 months) and it still can't find the ddraw.h header file. I can force it to find it by including the directory, but is that how it's supposed to work? the directX SDK installer dosn't set that stuff up for you?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by KabukiWarrior
I'm using MSVS 2005 pro and attempted to install the directx SDK to resume programming (havn't been at it for 8 months) and it still can't find the ddraw.h header file. I can force it to find it by including the directory, but is that how it's supposed to work? the directX SDK installer dosn't set that stuff up for you?

There is one known bug with VS 2005 non-Express SKUs: if you have never opened up the VS Projects / Directories Options dialog, the SDK cannot properly install the include/lib/exe paths.

There are no other known issues with VS 2005 and the SDK w.r.t non-Express SKUs.

Paul
What a strange glitch -_- neways seems after I set the directories and tried an uninstall/reinstall it worked.
That does seem odd. I take it that dialog does some first time configuration that wasn't dealt with at install?

Still, weird.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
That does seem odd. I take it that dialog does some first time configuration that wasn't dealt with at install?

That would be my interpretation. Depends how/where those directories are 'installed' - if it's in a file rather than the registry then it could be that the file isn't created until the dialog is first opened.

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement