• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Library Problems with sdk 9

This topic is 4412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone! I'm starting with game programming using directx9+vc++ and started having some problems that i dont know if its because I didnt know how to code it right... First thing is, when I try to execute my program direct from the IDE, (Debug version)with directinput I recieve this error: dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module Error executing link.exe. This I can solve by compiling it in Release mode and run direct from the windows explorer. Second thing is, I tried to start DirectSound for my very first time, and I got this errors: d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'dwReserved1' d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2501: 'DWORD_PTR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2501: 'dwReserved1' : missing storage-class or type specifiers d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'dwReserved2' d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2501: 'DWORD_PTR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2501: 'dwReserved2' : missing storage-class or type specifiers Any lights or ideas should be very wellcomed, since now, thanks oh, by the way, I tried to compile using the sdk complete versions of april 2005 and december 2005 ViToX

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ViToX
I'm starting with game programming using directx9+vc++

Which version of Visual C++? If it's v6 then throw it in the bin and go grab yourself a free copy of Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

Quote:
Original post by ViToX
dinput8.lib(dilib2.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module
Error executing link.exe.

This sort of error was fairly common when people tried to compile DirectX 9 applications using Visual C++ 6. As of December 2004, VC6 is not a compatable compiler/IDE.

Quote:
Original post by ViToX
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'dwReserved1'
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2501: 'DWORD_PTR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(305) : error C2501: 'dwReserved1' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'dwReserved2'
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2501: 'DWORD_PTR' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
d:\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (april 2005)\include\dsound.h(306) : error C2501: 'dwReserved2' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

These seem like common Platform SDK errors. The PSDK is a prerequisite for the DX SDK, so if you don't have it installed or configured correctly, you'll get errors like this [smile]

hth
Jack

from MSDN:
Quote:
The Platform SDK for Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 SP1 contains the information and tools you need to develop Windows-based applications. You can use this SDK to develop both 32- and 64-bit applications

Platform SDK

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement