Syp Engine Demo

Started by
1 comment, last by GamerSg 18 years, 2 months ago
After more than a year of working on/off on this engine, ive decided that i will release it soon. However before i release it, ive got some minor things to take care of. 1) I used to have depth buffer issues on nVidia cards, and while i think ive fixed the code, i havnt tested it on any nVidia cards. Hopefully it works fine now. 2) Ive scrapped work on the 3DMax exporter and am instead working on a Collada converter, this way i will be able to support almost any DCC tool out there. The Collada DOM API just got released a few days ago and i am busy working on the converter. Once the converter is done and other minor issues are ironed out, ill release the engine. Hopefully this Demo works on any computer using a DX9 card, GF FX/Radeon 9xxx or higher. The engine by design can support any hardware, but ive not written any fallback code for preDX9 cards in this demo. The demo is very simple and has 1-2 models with some very basic useless shaders for testing. Demo(800+kb)) Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Advertisement
I downloaded and tried to run it, but since my card doesn't support shaders, I couldn't.

Anyway, this ended up in two contructive critics:

1. At the download page, it is very unclear where you should click to download the app. I strongly suggest that you at the bottom of the description have a 'Download' link.

2. Not as important, but it would be nice if there would be some kind of message telling you that your computer didn't support shaders. If you look in log.txt, you can read this, but if you run the app you only get a cryptic error box.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Quote:Original post by Enselic
I downloaded and tried to run it, but since my card doesn't support shaders, I couldn't.

Anyway, this ended up in two contructive critics:

1. At the download page, it is very unclear where you should click to download the app. I strongly suggest that you at the bottom of the description have a 'Download' link.

2. Not as important, but it would be nice if there would be some kind of message telling you that your computer didn't support shaders. If you look in log.txt, you can read this, but if you run the app you only get a cryptic error box.

Thanks for your feedback, i added a Download link at the bottom of the description. I also removed the model using shaders, hopefully it will work now on any card using GF/Radeon 7000 or higher with recent drivers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement