Sign in to follow this  

MSVC 2005: How to show compiler errors in the task list

This topic is 4338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

A nice feature I liked when I bought Visual Studio.net a few years back was that any compiler errors were put in a nice, easily readable form in the task list. Now that I've upgraded to 2005, it doesn't do this any more (though from what I've read, it should do this by default). Does anyone know how to turn this feature back on, as reading through very long, word-wrapped lines of compiler output trying to determine what is an error and what is a warning can be quite difficult :) Also, an unrelated question- I quite like the 'format selection' command to quickly format code nicely, but my style is to put opening braces at the end of the current line, not on the next line, but MSVC doesn't work like this. Is there any way to change how it autoformats things? My searches so far haven't yielded anything, so don't worry if you don't know, it's not important :)

You can show window with errors/warnings in View->Other Windows->Error List. By default it will be located at the bottom of the IDE.

Thanks very much, that's a great help, b2b3 :)

EDIT: unfortaunately, sit, this only seems to work for C#, that option doesn't exist for C++. Odd, really, since I thought they were pretty much the same, at least in style. As I say though, it's not too much of a problem, thanks anyway :)

This topic is 4338 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.