common files

Started by
1 comment, last by michael879 18 years, 2 months ago
does anyone know how old the common files are? Im running windows 98 on my laptop so the latest version of the dxsdk I could install was october 2004. I copied all the common files from a later version I have onto my laptop (I couldn't find them in the latest dxsdk version). They work on my laptop, but I can't compile them without getting errors (I copied the object files from my xp computer to make them work). Does anyone know if there are older versions?
Advertisement
Do you mean the DXUT common files (typically under \common\ in each project)?

Files need to be matched to their SDK - trying to mix-n-match files from different versions is asking for trouble. This applies to the sample code as well...

If you're using the October '04 SDK then you need to use the files that come with that SDK. If you're trying to back-port some application code then you're probably out of luck unless you can make the few changes necessary - but that's not something I'd fancy trying [smile]

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

yea I know. The problem is that the common folder doesnt have the files I need (d3dapp,d3dfile,d3dutil etc).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement