Term for Adding ?

Started by
9 comments, last by Raymond_Porter420 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi guys, If I have a value that I use to multiply a base value with I call it the "multiplier", for example: base=10; multiplier=1.1; new value=base*multiplier=11; What do I call the term that I add with ? Like this: base=10; addifier=4; new value=base+addifier=14; I don't think "addifier" is the proper name. What should I call it ? I'm sorry if this is a silly question.
Advertisement
hehehe I dont really know if there is a term, if there is, I dont know it. Im not sure what your using this for but if this is for a game then I might use "bonus" instead of addifier. Not a great name either but I guess its up to you lol :-p

Good luck
In this problem:
5 + 4 + 3 = 12
5 is the augend, 4 and 3 are addends, and 12 is the sum.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
What about "offset"?
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Heh, don't feel bad. I can't count the number of times that I've wanted to ask a question like that.
I'd use offset or perhaps the more general modifier.
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
Maybe "increment" ?
lol addifier. I would have to agree that I don't think that's the proper name, but I kind of like it =).

Edit: Yeah, I'd use increment probably.
haha, whatever. addifer is awesome
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
Quote:Original post by erissian
In this problem:
5 + 4 + 3 = 12
5 is the augend, 4 and 3 are addends, and 12 is the sum.

I learned something new today - thank you [smile]

--www.physicaluncertainty.com
--linkedin
--irc.freenode.net#gdnet

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement