Sign in to follow this  

Help!!

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Wow,

that is way too specific and general at the same time.
consider learning the basics of programming then, start looking at other threads on Gamedev ...

gd' luck

[]wildem[]

Here is a basic and interchangable list of stuff to learn and *PRACTICE*, it should help you get started in Game Programming with out.

1. I would recomend learning C++ and get very *very* famerilized with it, the way i think about it is programming languages(C++, C, Java, ect.) are to Games as Verbal languages(english, spanish, german....) are to novels. You dont go off a book in a foregn language that you can barely read and write with do you? its almost exactly the same with games.here is a very general and basic list of stuff needed to learn to be efficient in C++
-Data Types
-Variables
-Constants
-Arrays
-Functions
-If statements
-for loops
-while loops
-do while loops
-references
-pointers
-Structures
-classes
-inheritence
-polymorphism
-namespaces
-preproccesor stuff
-STL(standard Template Library)

2. Practice and learn windows programming, if you dont have windows then dont worry. The only reason that i recomend this is because you can still write games with windows gui, and when you get into DirectX you will have to know Windows programming, and its way easyer to be good at it then having to flip through the pages of your windows programming book everytime you start programming your game.

3.Get Famerized with DirectX, OpenGL, or a library like SDL or Allegro. I would recomend DirectX, but you have to find which one fits you the best by messing around with all of them to find out which one you like.

This is just a basic list of stuff to learn about, after you get to the last step you can pretty much make desicions on your own on what you want to do.
hope this helps you out.

Here is a basic and interchangable list of stuff to learn and *PRACTICE*, it should help you get started in Game Programming with out.

1. I would recomend learning C++ and get very *very* famerilized with it, the way i think about it is programming languages(C++, C, Java, ect.) are to Games as Verbal languages(english, spanish, german....) are to novels. You dont go off a book in a foregn language that you can barely read and write with do you? its almost exactly the same with games.here is a very general and basic list of stuff needed to learn to be efficient in C++
-Data Types
-Variables
-Constants
-Arrays
-Functions
-If statements
-for loops
-while loops
-do while loops
-references
-pointers
-Structures
-classes
-inheritence
-polymorphism
-namespaces
-preproccesor stuff
-STL(standard Template Library)

2. Practice and learn windows programming, if you dont have windows then dont worry. The only reason that i recomend this is because you can still write games with windows gui, and when you get into DirectX you will have to know Windows programming, and its way easyer to be good at it then having to flip through the pages of your windows programming book everytime you start programming your game.

3.Get Famerized with DirectX, OpenGL, or a library like SDL or Allegro. I would recomend DirectX, but you have to find which one fits you the best by messing around with all of them to find out which one you like.

This is just a basic list of stuff to learn about, after you get to the last step you can pretty much make desicions on your own on what you want to do.
hope this helps you out.

This topic is 4339 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.