OpenGL and Win32 on DJGPP?

Started by
2 comments, last by BXman 23 years, 3 months ago
Let me begin by saying that I''m quite new at programming, and don''t really know a whole lot about compilers and whatnot. I don''t have a lot of money to shell out on something like Borland or MSVC, especially if I don''t know if I''m going to actually use it more than once or twice... With that said, I''m wondering if there is a way to get the code from the NeHe lessons working under a freeware compiler such as DJGPP, or if there is a freeware Win32 compiler that I don''t know about, or would it be hopelessly difficult to do this without the benefit of a professional grade compiler?
Advertisement
You can download the compiler without the IDE from Borland another option is mingw that is based on gcc like djgpp.

http://www.bloodshed.net
Download Dev-C++, which is a package containing an IDE and the MiniGW compiler.

==================
/* todo: insert cool sig */
Martee
Magnum Games.NET
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
The only compilers I have are MiniGW with Dev-C++ and DJGPP with Rhide, and I can do everything I need. I kept DJGPP because the DOS programs I make with Dev-C++ won''t run in DOS, and using Allegro in DOS is easier in most cases than windows. But for windows, I really like Dev-C++. It''s almost as good as VC++ for none of the cost. It even comes with some programming examples and about twenty icons. And you can download a big help file on windows functions and you can get the insight debugger on the same page! And the best part is, you won''t be using something made by Microsoft Just kiddin'' but Dev-C++ is worth looking at. Just one little thing I don''t like, and that is that you can''t import VC project options. Then all you need to do is download any extra librarys you want, but that''s easy. It already comes with Win32, OpenGL, DX, and some others.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement