[.net] Problem installing VS 2003 .NET

Started by
4 comments, last by GD-Silver 18 years, 2 months ago
My hard drive recently went belly up, so I'm having to reinstall all my software, including Visual Studio 2003 .NET. Problem is, I can't seem to find the prerequisites CD to it, nor do I remember needing it the last time I installed it. Exactly what components does it refer to when it says that some components are not the correct version? Is there some way I can install them without the prerequisites CD? (I assume there is, since I did it once before). Any help is appreciated.
SilverFan and Programmer of GamesDefender of Freedom
Advertisement
Looking at the files on the prerequisite CD, it's mostly just .exe and installer files. There is a folder called "Dotnetframework", so you might be able to continue on if you download version 1.1 of the .NET framework from MSDN.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Visual Studio should've come with the prerequisites CD. If you're still having troubles, you can always revert to Visual Studio 2005 Express...
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
the prerequisites include the .NET 1.1 SDK and updates for IIS including FrontPage Extensions and some stuff for ASP.NET. There are probably a few other things as well.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I'm sure you could get the pre-reqs online, even if only as individual downloads.

~Graham
I already have the .NET 1.1 architecture and SDK installed, but it still asks for the prereqs CD. Somehow, I managed to install whatever it needs the first time I installed it. I just don't know how. I'm hoping I can manually install what it needs so I can install VS. I can't seem to find any information on the MS website about it.

I keep hoping my prereqs CD will surface, but I've pretty much turned my place upsidedown looking for it. I'm hoping that someone with greater knowledge than me on the subject knows of a work-around.
SilverFan and Programmer of GamesDefender of Freedom

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement