3H-GDC m.V: Something Special (winner: BeanDog)

Started by
213 comments, last by capn_midnight 18 years, 1 month ago
If you have .NET 2.0 installed, the path "X:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.xxx" (replace X's appropriately) contains compilers for C#, VB, and JScript.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
This looks great!

Does anyone know if it's easy to use the mouse with the console in .Net like it is in Win32?
Quote:Original post by nagromo
This looks great!

Does anyone know if it's easy to use the mouse with the console in .Net like it is in Win32?

if something isn't readily available you could p-invoke the original win32 function.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
[...]8 background colors.[...]
So we can't make full use of the windows console subsystem, which eliminated the 'blink' attribute in favor of 4-bit(16 colors) background color?
What is the minimum OS that must be supported? XP added a few quite-useful console functions.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
[...]8 background colors.[...]
So we can't make full use of the windows console subsystem, which eliminated the 'blink' attribute in favor of 4-bit(16 colors) background color?
What is the minimum OS that must be supported? XP added a few quite-useful console functions.

I was not aware that 16 bg colors were enabled. I've updated my .NET example.

the minimum OS that must be supported is the minimum OS of the judges. So, if everyone is using XP, then it'll be okay. I mainly mentioned those parameters for people that would try to emulate a console system in a graphical application. If you are using a console system, then whatever is available to it is free. I'll edit the rules to make it clearer.

unfortunately, if Sander comes along, he'll muck everything up with his luuunix :)

If I can find my old copy of Turbo C++ 3.0, I'd be programming in real console. Is that acceptable?
yeah, that's fine.

So, there's no theme announcement, it just has to be a text-graphics game? So, it's okay if we have all this time to plan?
Quote:Original post by matt_j
So, there's no theme announcement, it just has to be a text-graphics game? So, it's okay if we have all this time to plan?

no, there will still be a theme.

Quote:Original post by matt_j

My understanding is that there will still be a theme, but the game just has to be in ascii grahpics. The N/A after the Theme: part in the OP is just because the theme hasn't been announced yet.

Edit: beaten by capn_midnight

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement