3H-GDC m.V: Something Special (winner: BeanDog)

Started by
213 comments, last by capn_midnight 18 years, 1 month ago
Can we upload it to a personal site or do you want it e-mailed? (Not sure who is judging and what not).
Advertisement
Crap, I just realized mine isn't very challenging after all... should have tweaked it a bit differently. Oh well, at least it's innovative or something :)

EDIT: I took the liberty of tweaking it and put up a new version: new zip
(I mailed it too)

I don't know how tight you are about the deadline, but if it's ok I would like to enter this as the final version...
You can get StarCowboys at http://www.beandogsoft.com/downloads/StarCowboys.zip.

(edit: screenshots)

okay guys, I need to interact with my family now, so keep the submissions coming in, but I won't be able to judge and post the reviews until later. Expect this link to house the submissions.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Quote:Original post by GroZZleR
Can we upload it to a personal site or do you want it e-mailed? (Not sure who is judging and what not).

it's best if you email me as it's easiest for me to keep track of all the submissions.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

You can find the zipped executable and data file at:

http://www.nicollet.net/run.zip

It's an adventure game. A copy has been sent to capn dot midnight at gmail dot com
I know it's not needed, but here's the sourcecode if anybody dares to look at it:

Clicky

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Done! (Actually I sent the e-mail a few minutes ago, but I read the thread; and I finished the game a little earlier than that, except I wrote a (short) readme.)

Here it is:

StarSearcher.zip

It requires .Net 2.0.

Feel free to change the numbers in level.txt to make it more fun; I didn't have much time to tweak it [grin]

Also, my 'random level generation' uses a really crappy algorithm. Can you guess what it is?
I put mine up on my site (see above) because all in all it's about 4MB, a little big for an email.
so far I have submissions from nagromo, Endurion, DrPetter, BeanDog, matt_j, and ToohrVyk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement