Sign in to follow this  
capn_midnight

3H-GDC m.V: Something Special (winner: BeanDog)

...and we have theme compliance!

(oh man that looks like utter crap... need to tweak my coords a bit :))

EDIT: Now that's better, simple error on my part... but let's completely spam this thread with yet another screenshot shall we? :)

Stars

• A star is any massive gaseous body in outer space, just like the Sun.
  • S.T.A.R.S. The name is an acronymn for Special Tactics And Rescue Squad (or Service).
  • Used in Roman Candles, Aerial Shells, Rockets, and Mines. Can come in many different shapes like round balls, squares or cylinders. Produce the colors when they burn.
  • Shipment Tracking And Redistribution System
  • A term used in the Boston Group Matrix. Stars are high growth businesses or products competing in markets where they are relatively strong compared with the competition.
  • Stars is a wood engraving print by the Dutch artist M. C. Escher which was first printed in 1948.

Quote:
Original post by nagromo
Crap... I've got a huge logic bug I can't figure out.

Improvise....

try
{/*All game code here.*/}
catch(Exception)
{MessageBox.Show("You've been eaten by the logic bug, " +
"better luck next time.\n\nGameover!");}

Joe: aww shi**y f*k f*k
Jill: ???
Joe: I keep dying for no reason, this game is soo bugged.
Jill: Oh sure, blame the game... pfftt

[grin]

Yikes, panic... but I'm starting to finally get something resembling gameplay going, after wrestling with a ray/line intersection bug for like half an hour. Time to add some sparkles and hope I don't break anything :P

Damn, I have game mechanics but no goals or challenges!
What to do, what to do... argh, the pressure! ;)

EDIT: (a short break and some candy later) Ok, I think I've got it... just need to implement it in 15 minutes or so, yikes.

I would just like to say, anyone who gets a decent game done in 3 hours deserves loads of props. I've been working on this since 10 GMT and through one lame reason or another haven't got anything playable enough to call a game.

Maybe I'll finish it off tommorow and put it in my showcase or sommit.

Night all.

Game complete!

I decided to throw in a pirate/ninja element. I didn't get to participate in the last contest but I did want to start a pirate and robot (maybe a little bit of ninjas) game.

Link, in case

Crap, I just realized mine isn't very challenging after all... should have tweaked it a bit differently. Oh well, at least it's innovative or something :)

EDIT: I took the liberty of tweaking it and put up a new version: new zip
(I mailed it too)

I don't know how tight you are about the deadline, but if it's ok I would like to enter this as the final version...

Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
Can we upload it to a personal site or do you want it e-mailed? (Not sure who is judging and what not).

it's best if you email me as it's easiest for me to keep track of all the submissions.