Beginner in game programming pls help

Started by
8 comments, last by Boder 18 years, 2 months ago
Hey, im almost finished with C++ black book and want to get into game programming, i think i should get a windows programming book or is the a online documentation? and after that what should I learn then?
Advertisement
Quote:i think i should get a windows programming book or is the a online documentation?

There's MSDN.

Quote:and after that what should I learn then?

Whatever you want to! Show some initiative. Make a game.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
i suggest OpenGL for the beginning Graphics Developer (Clicky OGL Tutorials)

then move on to directx (Clicky)

good luck
Quote:Original post by C plus noob

good luck

"then move onto"? "OpenGL for the beginning"?

Since when was OpenGL declared beginnerly and directX non-beginnerly?
im just stating in my opinion, that OpenGL is the easier weay to learn, i do both. i couldnt do directx to start with i started OpenGL first and then moved onto DX. both are great, best of both worlds
take a look at basic4gl.net. They have a compiler that you can download along with several tutorials that are great for beginners. If you dont mind coding in basic that is
Quote:Original post by agi_shi
Quote:Original post by C plus noob

good luck

"then move onto"? "OpenGL for the beginning"?

Since when was OpenGL declared beginnerly and directX non-beginnerly?

:( ...grow up
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=4360194

I reccomend this web cast series.

- Valles
The way opengl is written is most likely for beginners because its simple when talking about c functions and know complex com model to follow.yes opengl is profect for learning but directx is amazing and alomst very simple but opengl will hold hands down when it comes to easiness
Bring more Pain
So if OGL is easier for beginners and it is just as powerful as Direct3D, does that make it the superior API?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement