Does my site work?

Started by
9 comments, last by benjamin bunny 18 years, 2 months ago
I haven't been able to connect to or administer my site from my home IP address for the past couple of days (though I can connect from work). It would be really useful to know if it affects other people too: www.elf-stone.com If you could clck the above link and tell me if it works then I'd appreciate it. I figure it's a problem on my host's network, since I can tracert as far as their network without problems. They have however stated that they "do not intend to investigate the problem", which was nice. I'd get a new host just for that, but unfortunately I just renewed my account. My host is netweaver.com BTW, I won't be recommending them.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Advertisement
Works fine.
Works fine for me too.
It works fine for me too
Works fine
Thanks guys. People in the UK, particularly on Plusnet would be especially useful. I guess I just need to know if this is a random thing or if it's particular to my ISP or even my IP address (maybe I'm blacklisted from my own site or something). If you are in the UK, please let me know your ISP.

Responses via PM are also fine.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

In UK and using PlusNet and I can reach it fine.
Sure pretend your site doesn't work so we all click through it and you collect on the ad money here, very clever plan.

But it looks like the main site works but trying to click any of the tutorials results in a 404.
Ok that's really weird. I suppose they must have just blocked my IP address or something. I guess I need to find a new web host.

Quote:Original post by eedok
Sure pretend your site doesn't work so we all click through it and you collect on the ad money here, very clever plan.

Yeah because obviously my site is full of ads...

you should be ashamed of yourself for the amount of ads on your site

check with your host, as their firewall may have accidently blocked you if it incorrectly flagged you for flooding them. Another possibility is they could be just jerks. Does ftp or anything else for your site work?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement