My pc is acting up help!

Started by
5 comments, last by AndreTheGiant 18 years, 2 months ago
Hi, When I start up my gaming PC all I get is the green and red light and the fan starts spinning. What do I do the screen doesn't show any information and it doesn't beep- But today is 100 degrees is it just the heat?
Matt : mattb0001@hotmail.comClick me please
Advertisement
possibly video card over heat. dependsing on mobo it might let you know somehow, different tone or pattern of beep, one asus i ran into even played a voice recording through the pc speaker.
Integrated graphics and there is no beep, what should I do what until it cools down?
100 degrees... you need air conditioning. If you can't cool the house down you could always try some more big fans. Other than overheating it could be a bad motherboard, bad ram. You could try reseating your Ram and seeing if that helps.
<a href="http://ruggles.hopto.org>My Personal Website
100 degrees C? That's boiling temperature. I say whip out a recipe for your favorite stew and start cookin'.
when you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
I was exaggerating- I was just saying that it was very hot in there.
Did you build the PC yourself?

Last time I had a similar problem to yours, it was the RAM - It wasnt pushed in properly. Even though I checked it 10 times, it still wasnt done right. Turns out you have to push those puppies in *really* hard. Push on them until you hear the motherboard making cracking sounds, then push a little harder. No joke, this is what I had to do and it fixed everything.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement