ALL game

Started by
4 comments, last by Ezbez 18 years, 1 month ago
Origin: I develop a engine just for practice. but I still have no idea ,how to create a game. Now many book and links tell how to do engine or base for game. I wanna know a complete game that how to work and how to write . I wanna these aspect stuff article links and book, everything. Rephrase: A general workflow / general logic of a complete game forexample Ui call game logic module that call physics or aniamtion module that call render module..... something like this(I explain too simple) what Ezbez said is good. [Edited by - luasitdown on February 18, 2006 12:04:19 PM]
Advertisement
That's a little broad isn't it? Mabye if you could narrow down your question a little, it might help. 'How to make a game' is a big topic.

Well, a brief synopsis:

Every game has(atleast) several elements:
-Player Input
-Graphics/text output
-Game logic
-Collision Detection(not necessary for every game, but most games)
-Networking(only for multiplayer)
-AI(may be included in Game Logic for simplistic things)
-Audio

These may or may not be seperate classes.

Player Input is fairly straight forward. Get input from the keyboard/mouse/whatever and call functions from the Game Logic part.

Graphics is also straight-forward. These things will be called by the game logic part.

Game Logic is the most complex thing in a simple game. It 'ties' everything together and makes the game the game. This would largely use the information/functions from the other parts and 'ties' them together.

Collision detection is self-explanatory. You could be able to get away with almost nothing here for simple games, but requires alot for more complex games. Game Logic will call these functions and use the returned values.

Networking is complex and should be avoided by a beginner.

AI could be very simple in a simple game. This might be incorporated into Game Logic.

Audio is, again, called by Game Logic to make the sounds. Pretty self-explanatory.
-------

The topic was soo vague that this is the absolute best I could possibly do without investing hours of my time. Good luck with your project(s).
you are very clear . that help me a lot . thank
Rephrase : I found a brief of general module of game. that is good . I wanna more stuff that could be a little more concrete ,that better have relation between them.
-------System Layer -APIs----------

·3D Graphics API

·DirectX 9.0 SDK – Direct3D

·OpenGL 2.0

·2D API

·DirectX 9.0 SDK - DirectMedia

·Win32 GDI

·Input Device

·DirectX 9.0 SDK – DirectInput

·Audio

·DirectX 9.0 SDK – DirectSound / Direct3DSound / DirectMedia

·OpenAL

·OS API

·Win32 SDK

·MFC

·Network

·DirectX 9.0 SDK – DirectPlay

·Socket library

-----Engine Layer-------

·3D Scene Management System

·Scene Graph

·Shaders

·2D Sprite System

·Audio System

·Gamepad

·Hotkey

·Mouse

·Timers

·Network

·DDK Interface

·Terrain

·Advanced Scene Management – Space Partition

·BSP Tree

·Octree

·Character System

·Motion Blending Techniques

·Dynamics

·Collision Detection

·SoundFX

·User Interface

--------Game Play Modula----------

·NPC (Non-playable Characters)

·Game AI

·Path Finding

·Finite State Machine

·…

·Combat System

·FX System

·Script System

·Trading System

·Number System

·…

------Game Dev Tools--------

·Visual C/C++

·.net 2003

·Visual C/C++ 6.0+ SP5

·DirectX

·Current 9.0c

·NuMega BoundsChecker

·Intel vTune

·3D Tools

·3dsMax/Maya/Softimage

·In-house Tools

[Edited by - luasitdown on February 18, 2006 12:42:30 PM]
Could you rephrase your question?
Yes, I'm a little confused about your last post, too. Are you asking which of those we recomend you use and how to incorporate them together?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement