Sign in to follow this  

Looking to purchase AI

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for solutions for commercial chess & backgammon client side *AI* engines for *mobiles*. It must be cross platform c/c++ and it must be "smart" enough for a commercial game with many thousands of users. Please send suggestions and/or offers to: yotam.shacham@gmail.com Thanks in advance.

Come one people - surely what I'm looking for exists.
In case there was any question - my company IS willing to pay as much as it takes for such an AI.

Maybe I should post this in the Help Wanted section?

Thanks again.

Generic AI solutions for big platforms are a rarity. As far as I know, there is none for mobile devices. You probably will need to hire a programmer to do what you want from scratch. Sorry that I can't be of much help.

Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I wasn't clear - I just need chess & backgammon AIs (either is fine) - not any kind of generic AI solution. And that it should be for mobiles is not that restricting - do you know of any desktop solutions that you could point me towards? I might be able to work with those as well.

It would seem odd to me that such a solution doesn't exist - surely hundreds of such engines have been written in the past and it seems likely that someone is willing to license their source code. But of course I could be wrong.

Also hiring a programmer is probably not an option for us - we would most likely hit the books & implement it ourselves if it came to that.

Thanks again.

A lot of open source program exist, some of them allows you to reuse their code in a commercial software and if it is not the case, you can always contact the programmer or the team and make them an offer in order to get a commercial licence.

GNU chess, probably under GPL licence, won't allow reuse of their code, but there is no harm in trying to ask:
http://www.gnu.org/software/chess/

Some others :
http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=chess

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.