[closed]Detecting a 2700G

Started by
2 comments, last by RWThurman 18 years, 1 month ago
I have a game that runs on PDAs in Windows Mobile with or without a 2700G. However, the versions are different, so I need to detect if the wrong version was installed. Does anyone know how to programatically detect a 2700G? Thanks, Bobby Thurman [Edited by - RWThurman on March 1, 2006 2:49:34 PM]
Advertisement
Which API are you using to access the 2700G? Could you make a quick 2700G-specific call and see if it failed?

If you're only concerned about Windows Mobile 5.0+ devices, you can use D3DM to query the driver I.D. (IDirect3DMobile::GetAdapterIdentifier). Older Dell x50v Axims that have not been upgraded to WM5 won't have D3DM installed so this solution won't work if you're targeting those devices.
For the 2700G version we are calling OpenGL-ES, for the non-2700G we're calling a 3rd party OpenGL-ES emulator .dll. The emulator isn't Sagitta either.

Here's some info we discovered yesterday: We've been advised by Intel to search for the "ddi_2700G.dll" in the system folder for 2700G detection. However, we've found that the Dell x50v device doesn't have this .dll. Intel counters that this is impossible, so I don't understand where I'm missing it here.
Well, we found another DLL to search for.

"wmv9decoder2700g.dll"

It's not the 3D 2700G driver, but it will hopefully be present if and only if there's a 2700G in the device. :(

Bobby thurman

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement