[MDX] Determine video memory size

Started by
1 comment, last by DrunkenHyena 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys, I need to determine the size of the video memory from a Managed DirectX application. I know that there is an AvailableTextureMemory property of the Device class, but this does not help, because it includes the AGP/PCIe memory. What I need is the size of the physical video memory on the card. Any ideas how to do this? Thanx for help bboyBladeJ
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by bboyBladeJ
I need to determine the size of the video memory from a Managed DirectX application. I know that there is an AvailableTextureMemory property of the Device class, but this does not help, because it includes the AGP/PCIe memory. What I need is the size of the physical video memory on the card. Any ideas how to do this?

In short, there is no standard way to do this. If you are doing this for caps reasons, you can simply enumerate the device name and lookup the video memory size from that (you need to store this yourself though). However, generally, you don't need this information, as D3D will handle paging of resources in and out of video memory.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
I think the WMI interface gives reasonably good results. I've never tried WMI from .Net but it's probably a lot easier than from C++.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement