Sign in to follow this  

[SD] Would a view that is primarily text be ok?

This topic is 4308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Both views would be nescesary for success and simultaneous, but one would be primarily graphical while the other is primarily text. The text view would be a fully interactive 'view', just like the graphical. Views should be primarily graphical; text is permitted provided it is not over-used (i.e. a simple text listing of health and position of monsters in the level will not be acceptable). I'm not sure if the above sentence is just to prevent obvious BS, or anything primarily text in nature.

If you were presenting the text in a graphical way, e.g. the position of the text within the display is somehow telling the player something, then it might be OK. What I don't really want is a big chunk of statistics or measurements that just sit there being updated.

I can't really give you a better idea without hearing more about what you have in mind. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to talk about it publicly.

Sign in to follow this