Sign in to follow this  

Nomad Engine Update

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have added a plugin system to Nomad. This demo shows the use of camera and frustum culling. I am still working on the Scenegraph and Rendergraph systems right now and just wanted some feedback on the current performance on other systems. I am stuck with 500mhz athlon and 16mb rage128( main system motherboard is broken ). If you could tell how its running on your system it would help me alot, thanks. The movement should be framerate independent but tell me if its super fast or slow. The mouse rotates the camera and arrow keys moves it. You can show/hide the colored world axis with the spacebar. Download Nomad

Constantly over 800 FPS on a ATI Raedeon mobility 9700, 1gb ram, pentium 4 3.2GHz. Everything feels very smooth, although it is just rendering a box, so.... ;) Looks cool, though. I like your logo, and the widescreen effect.

Didn't work for me,

In applog.txt:-

Engine Started
Loading nApp.dll
Could not load nApp.dll
Nomad Application not found
Engine Shutdown

===

Specs:-

Windows XP
P4 2.4Ghz
1 gig of RAM
Running Feb 2006 Directx
Geforce 3 Graphics Card

HTHs

Paul

Thanks for the comment on the logo :) I finally got it looking the way I wanted it. For anyone that its not working for, (In same folder)There should be 3 dll's, IOpenGL, nApp and SDL. There should be Box.mdt and Nomad.exe. Also a folder with 4 bmp's in it.

Quote:
Original post by Paul Richardson
Didn't work for me,

In applog.txt:-

Engine Started
Loading nApp.dll
Could not load nApp.dll
Nomad Application not found
Engine Shutdown

I've got the same problem on my comp at work. I'll try at home this evening (If I remember to try it that is, as I tend to forget those kind of things :D)

same here, win x64

dependecy walker says:

00:00:00.344: LoadLibraryA("nApp.dllH)`)x))))))* *") called from "SDL.DLL" at address 0x1001B976 by thread 1.
00:00:00.344: LoadLibraryA("nApp.dllH)`)x))))))* *") returned NULL by thread 1. Error: The specified module could not be found (126).

I think SDL might be the problem. It runs fine on my system and my previous version runs on alot of other systems, but it still could be something I did. Any one that had a problem with Nomad v0.02 here is an older version --> Nomad v0.01. Tell me if that one works. Also I will update Nomad with better error details.

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.