Sign in to follow this  

[web] sending SMS through web

This topic is 2218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i want to make a website to send SMS from net to mobile phones can anyone advice me from where to start ?? and is there any tutorials or sample programs that i can use ???

Use a SMS provider. A company I work for uses Clickatell, a SMS gateway provider from South Africa. I don't know if they're the best or the cheapest, but they work.

You'd either use an email or a HTTP request to send an email, simply send your username and password to their gateway along with the recipient(s), message etc, and they will send it into the SMS networks.

Their prices are reasonable. I think it generally works out at about .06 euro per message or something.

Mark

aha thanks alot for ur help so i think that it is not that hard to do it right ?? and when i need to send a message i send message to them via email with the number to send to and the text :) very simple i think if u have any sample that could help or any tutorial would be gr8 .

google for "sms gateways" and find a company in your country that has a suitable pricing scheme. They will all have tutorials or SDKs on how to use their system.

You can use TextPort.com (http://www.textport.com)

They have free .NET SOAP (ASMX) and WCF services that work well. They also handle the auto-detection of the carrier, which is very accurate.

Click their [url="http://www.textport.com/webservices/"]SMS Gateway[/url] page for details.

This topic is 2218 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.