• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[MDX] Conflicts between different versions of the same dependent assembly

This topic is 4379 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I get this error several times when I try compiling a tutorial I found.
Error	7	The type 'Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.PresentParameters' exists in both 'd:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D\1.0.2902.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll' and 'd:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.DirectX\2.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\Microsoft.DirectX.dll'	G:\Download2\Section2\tut7\Tutorial 7 - Loading a Mesh\Graphics\Renderer.cs	16	11	Tutorial 7 - Loading a Mesh

I have two versions of SDK installed (June 2005 and February 2006), is this the source of the problem?

Advertisement
I have at least 5 different MDX versions on my system. This is not the problem. From the version numbers I can see in your error message it looks like that you have a MDX 2 DirectX assembly and an MDX 1 Direct3D assembly in your reference list. You should remove the MDX 2 DirectX assembly and add a MDX 1 DirectX assembly.

I have Microsoft.DirectX v 2.0.0.0 and Microsoft.DirectX v 1.0.2902.0 in my references. For some reason the later was selected. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement