Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Rendering Contexts

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know that this is not a valid statement for when you issue glBegin / glEnd calls, unless I am using shard display lists, but I have an application that has 10 windows that are being rendered into. Now, since I don't have the code to verify this, lets assume that all the rendering is being done on one thread and I am issuing vertices through the glVertexPointer. When I switch to another rendering context, can this vertex pointer still be valid or do I need to resend the pointer down to the card? This is assuming that the two rendering contexts will be identical, except for maybe the viewport area. Any other information you might have on multiple rendering contexts ( the good, the bad, and the ugly ) would be appreciative. One more thing, this will be for the MS Windows environment too, not that I'm looking for information pertaining to just this OS. Thanks for the help.

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.