Sign in to follow this  

My first real game of pong!

This topic is 4305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive completed my first game a pong clone I call SuperPong. Download here http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=37077 Source code is included. Controls: Left and Right arrow keys move the bottom paddle. A and D move player 2 paddle.

Congrats!

A few comments though:

"Are you sure you want to quit looser?" - Ummm... no, I want to quit tighter (spelling, dude). I get the feeling you're referencing Doom there, but I don't think a Pong game making fun of the player is such a good thing :) (I know, it's a learning demo, but still...)

The one non-smartass thing I'd recommend is to give the player a short "break" time from when they miss the ball until the next one spawns. I missed it, and the balls started falling from the middle... I missed two more before I realized what was going on! Possibly spawn the ball right at the other players paddle so that you have a longer time to get to the right spot?

Good job, though. Keep it up, looser!

Quote:
Original post by JBourrie
Congrats!

A few comments though:

"Are you sure you want to quit looser?" - Ummm... no, I want to quit tighter (spelling, dude). I get the feeling you're referencing Doom there, but I don't think a Pong game making fun of the player is such a good thing :) (I know, it's a learning demo, but still...)

The one non-smartass thing I'd recommend is to give the player a short "break" time from when they miss the ball until the next one spawns. I missed it, and the balls started falling from the middle... I missed two more before I realized what was going on! Possibly spawn the ball right at the other players paddle so that you have a longer time to get to the right spot?

Good job, though. Keep it up, looser!

LOL I didnt even notice I spelled that wrong. Thats what I get for working on things at 4am.

This topic is 4305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.