Sign in to follow this  

new guy who needs help

This topic is 4304 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im new to this site and new to programming i was reading one of the articles for newbs like me.......and still havent got any books because another article that talks about how to make a game didnt specify which language i need to use to make a game like tetris.If anyone nows i would really appreciate ur help.The only language i now is basic and not very much of it.....took basic 1 in high school.Going to go to college for game simulation programming in Devry and so i want to get an early start.thanks

You can get C or C++ tutorials on the web. If you know C++ then the Game Programing Genisis on this site is a good place to start.
But here are some C++ sites:
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html
http://cplus.about.com/od/beginnerctutorial/l/blcplustut.htm
And I really really really recomned this book:
Begining C++ game programming by Michale Dawson.

If you are interested in making games with BASIC, goto darkbasic.com. Dark BASIC is a powerful version of BASIC that uses directX. Dark Basic pro has all the tools you need to make a game, but lacks the sheer OOP power and flexibilty of C++.

PAN NARRANS........i read some of those articles and the first game they say to make is tetris so i want to know which language is best for that,if basic is fine please tell me......and 1 other question which should i learn first C or C++,the article "C or C++?" said to use C first becasue its not OO do u guys agree??????

This topic is 4304 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.