Sign in to follow this  

Hey all!

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello , Just wondering if anyone can recomend some reading material or sites i can look at to learn more about game programming I need to learn as much as i can, graphics, AI. Currently the language Im learning is C++. Is there anything else I should learn? and what is this openGl thing. please teach me! lol. Thanks All

Quote:
Original post by Player808
Hello ,

Just wondering if anyone can recomend some reading material or sites i can look at to learn more about game programming I need to learn as much as i can, graphics, AI. Currently the language Im learning is C++. Is there anything else I should learn? and what is this openGl thing. please teach me! lol.

Thanks All

Well, for starters, Game Dev site has a bunch of useful articles that you can look at.

OpenGL tutorials: NeHe

OpenGL is basically a library that will render triangles to a window. You'll find that most of 3d is basically writing a model loader for model formats and then telling opengl to draw a particular set of triangles or other shapes to the screen. Take a look at NeHe and work through the first couple of tutorials. You'll understand better after doing it yourself.

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.