exporting OpenGL scenes to POV-Ray format

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 1 month ago
I wish/need to export my OpenGL scenes to the POV-Ray format. Does anyone have any references, links and books which covers this sort of stuff? I was thinking maybe each model could have a function "model->writePOV()" which writes it's vertices, colours, etc, to a specified file. Maybe even using lower level methods for vectors and points. Like "vector2d->writePOV()" function which the higher level model can call for each of its vectors... Is this method acceptable? What suggestions does anyone have? Is there a 'usual' method to do this? Thanks, Sam
Advertisement
Sorry to point to another forum, but here is a plugin for a modeling package that does just that, and some discussion:

http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/forum_temp/showthread.php?s=8e349a9cc0983315b2fb7c49179b69cf&threadid=13380&highlight=povray

Otherwise, I'm not sure how to do it. :)

discman1028
--== discman1028 ==--
As far as I can tell from your link discman, the plugin is for Milkshape. I'm not after a plugin for an application, just some general advice on the best method to converting opengl scenes into Pov-Ray... Thanks anyway!

If the plugin does help me in some way, please enlighten me.

Yep, the plug-in is for the modeling package Milkshape3D. But, the developers of such a plug-in could sureley give you advice... I'd go post on that thread.

discman1028

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement