Sign in to follow this  

General Programming Tips?

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, My name is Chris and I recently just entered the field of Computer Science from art major. It's a long story, you probably shouldn't ask. Anyway, my ultimate purpose is to be able to create games which is obviously why I am here. However, this field has been very difficult for me. We are now currently using Java and I am not sure how to go about to learn this stuff. It is hard for me to relate how I can use these control statements other than making gradebooks or ATMs. I guess I am looking for resouces outside of my text so I can learn how all these functions work together in relations to making something useful. I was also wondering how you gurus went about learning how to program and what kind of practices you guys have done. I am a pure beginner, so please define the lingos for me. Thanks!

Applu,

You've got a pretty broad set of questions, which are all understandable, and quite common among new programmers. Feel free to troll around on these forums and ask specific questions, but something so broad is difficult to answer on a forum.

Feel free to send me a PM with your AIM or MSN name and I'll be happy to answer your questions in more of a dialog format. Sometimes all you need is a mentor of sorts to point you in the right direction.

Cheers!

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.