TransparentBlt not found

Started by
4 comments, last by flounder 18 years, 1 month ago
when using dev c++ i get the following error when using the TransparentBlt function: 'TransparentBlt' undeclared (first use this function) i have libwinmm.a and libmsimg32.a linked to the project. When i searched to see if anyone else had this problem several results said to use "#define WINVER 0x0500", because some windows versions don't support transparentblt. I tried using this and it only led to more errors. Ayone know whats going wrong?
Advertisement
Edit: Wrong answer, look below for a better explanation.

Be warned though: TransparentBlt is only available in later Windows versions (98+), and it creates memory leaks on the 9x line.

[Edited by - Endurion on March 2, 2006 1:29:43 AM]

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Quote:Original post by Endurion
Actually using #define WINVER=0x0500 should solve the problem (note the '='!).

Are you certain of that? An assignment in a preprocessor define? What would the token be?

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by LessBread
Quote:Original post by Endurion
Actually using #define WINVER=0x0500 should solve the problem (note the '='!).

Are you certain of that? An assignment in a preprocessor define? What would the token be?

Crap, you're right. My bad!

Actually #define WINVER 0x0500 should be allright. If you set the WINVER macro in the preprocessor settings (i'm doing that for value defines) you do have to use the '=' though.

In Source code:
#define WINVER 0x0500

In preprocessor settings (Visual Studio for example):
WINVER=0x0500

There ought to be something similar for devc++.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I was gonna say... [smile]

Setting that macro in the preprocessor configuration is probably a good idea.

In source code, the define should placed before the include statement for windows.h, so that it's defined in the scope where it comes into play.

#define WINVER 0x0500
#include <windows.h>
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Thanks for the replies. ya, it threw a fit at the '=', defining the version without the = seems to make it all work okay.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement