Sign in to follow this  

FX-file parameters user interface - combobox/listbox

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I want to create FX file with parameters to use i 3DStrudio Max 8 (DirectX 9 Shader material). How to create parameter with user interface like combobox ? (Max FX parser has SAS and DXSAS support) Thanks in advance Brzeg

What are you trying to do? An .fx effect file is a C++ program that uses the HLSL. Do you mean that you want to write an .fx program and then use a ComboBox to determine what values a program places into the effect's global fields? DirectX programs interact with a .fx file with the ID3DXEffect interface, which has various Setxxxx methods to put data into the global variables of your .fx file, and determine what technique and pass you will use when rendering an object with that shader.

DirectX 9 shader material from 3DStudio Max open FX file as material and create UI to change FX file's parameters.
Max reads semantic and annotations uses SAS and DXSAS parsers.

I want to change FX's parameter (in 3DStudio Max material GIU) using combobox/listbox control.

Artur

This topic is 4302 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.