Sign in to follow this  

cg shader

This topic is 4303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello! I have a problem with my cg shader. In the cg tutorial book I read that there exists a noise function within cg but when I use it I only get a cyan object. I also used other input values to the noise function but with no different result. VertexOut main(VertexIn In, uniform float4x4 modelViewProj) { VertexOut Out; Out.position = mul(modelViewProj, In.position); Out.color = float4(noise(In.position.x+0.3f),1.0f,1.0f,1.0f); return Out; } Whats wrong in this shader? How to use the predefined noise function from cg? Does someone has a demo? gerbille

The noise function is not actually implemented on most (all?) cards yet. If you want to get noise in a shader than currently you have to use a precalculated nD noise texture (where n is the dimensionality of the noise you want to generate).

This topic is 4303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.