OpenAL: Looping wave problem

Started by
3 comments, last by Demus79 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi. I'll be short. My engine uses OpenAL Lib. I have some trouble, when playing looped sound, and pressing SHIFT + F5 (MS Visual Studio 2005), game terminates, but sound continue playing, and only way to stop it - reboot the PC. When i exit the geme "right way" (by clicking the quit button from the game menu or clicking on the "X" button) it stops. It stops because i stop it in the game exit sequence. But how i can handle it when i terminate the game in debug mode (SHIFT-F5) or if game crashes? There is no help i found in the docs provided by OpenAL. If someone knows something about my problem, please help!
Advertisement

Just curious, starting the program again doesn't kill the sound ? Another question, next time you start your program, are you able to allocate as many sources as the previous time ?

I am using OpenAL but never did any looping sounds, so it is good to hear about this kind of problems (since OpenAL has few of them).
No. Starting again is not killing the sound. Each time i start the programm and quit by SHIFT-F5 the new sound continue playing. Now there 5 loops playing at once :)
About sources, i don't know! My current build uses only 10 sources, since i'm just start working on it.
just a wild guess :

are your processes still running in the background?
(check with the task-manager)

chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is finished

usually if the program hangs, there won't be a process left running at the background. If the program is multithreaded then the process won't die until all the threads are finished (just my observation, correct me if I am wrong).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement