Sign in to follow this  

Please help point me in a direction

This topic is 4308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need to first do some research so I don’t reinvent the wheel. But because I am very new to this, it is difficult to research as I’m not familiar with some of the common terms. Can anyone point me to some examples of online first person shooter type games? I just need to see a basic real-time interactive space that can be navigated with the mouse online. Do they exist? Thanks for your patience with a newbie.

Oops, I guess I didn't state my question properly. I'm interested in an ON-LINE FPS. In other words, one where the "world" resides on an internet server but a user at home navigates that world in real-time with his mouse. My apologies if I'm not making sense.

Thanks

Do you just want one to play? Or do you want to see the code? Are you trying to implement somthing like this? The more information you give us, the more useful answers you'll get.

I would like to build something like this, but not sure it is possible with the bandwidth. I have already programmed a standalone version from scratch in Visual Basic and DirectX, but not sure how it can be implemented on a remote server and user's browser. If it already exists, I would just like to see an example.

Say I want to build a 3d world and upload it to my website, then have a visitor to my website be able to click a link to navigate and explore that world, would they be downloading an applet to do so? Is that the way this would conceptually be constructed? Does anyone know of any sites that do this? At this point, I'm just wondering if its possible.

Thanks again.

This topic is 4308 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.