Sign in to follow this  

Where's a good C++ library?

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, I've been looking around for a decent library that contains all the different methods from different classes. So far I haven't been able to find a good one. Anyone have any good references? (I'm just starting to learn c++, so if I said something weird.. well.. that's why).

Be careful using the word library when talking about C++, it usually means a compiled body of code that can be linked in with your current project. It sounds like you're looking for a good reference. I reccomend this one. I use it all the time, it will have everything that's in an introductory textbook.

Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I figured I would probably say something weird, as I don't yet know all the lingo. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Wow, I read that as such:

Quote:
Hey there,

I've been looking around for a decent c++ library that contains all the different methods from different classes that exist or have ever been created. So far I haven't been able to find a good one most librarys don't happen to have all the classes of the known universe encapsulated within their api. I still want one.

Anyone have any good references?

(I'm just starting to learn c++, so if I said something weird.. well.. that's why). kthxbye

It was only after reading Drak's response that I understood you were looking for a library as in a book library or a set of resources to read about the language itself rather than a complex all-encompasing libary of functions.

I'm NOT ridiculing you or anything of the sort, I'm just sharing what was a humungous misunderstanding on my part because I found it quite amusing. ;)

Anyway, good luck in your studies. You'll get the lingo soon enough, no worries.

This topic is 4309 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.