Where's a good C++ library?

Started by
2 comments, last by M2tM 18 years, 1 month ago
Hey there, I've been looking around for a decent library that contains all the different methods from different classes. So far I haven't been able to find a good one. Anyone have any good references? (I'm just starting to learn c++, so if I said something weird.. well.. that's why).
Advertisement
Be careful using the word library when talking about C++, it usually means a compiled body of code that can be linked in with your current project. It sounds like you're looking for a good reference. I reccomend this one. I use it all the time, it will have everything that's in an introductory textbook.
Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I figured I would probably say something weird, as I don't yet know all the lingo. Thanks for letting me know. :)
Wow, I read that as such:

Quote:Hey there,

I've been looking around for a decent c++ library that contains all the different methods from different classes that exist or have ever been created. So far I haven't been able to find a good one most librarys don't happen to have all the classes of the known universe encapsulated within their api. I still want one.

Anyone have any good references?

(I'm just starting to learn c++, so if I said something weird.. well.. that's why). kthxbye

It was only after reading Drak's response that I understood you were looking for a library as in a book library or a set of resources to read about the language itself rather than a complex all-encompasing libary of functions.

I'm NOT ridiculing you or anything of the sort, I'm just sharing what was a humungous misunderstanding on my part because I found it quite amusing. ;)

Anyway, good luck in your studies. You'll get the lingo soon enough, no worries.
_______________________"You're using a screwdriver to nail some glue to a ming vase. " -ToohrVyk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement