Sign in to follow this  

Whats Your Ideal MMO?

This topic is 4300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I’m doing a survey for our studios. Looking at what the community want by asking this question to you; "What's your Ideal MMO?" If you could, it would be great if you can contribute your views on what’s your ideal MMO this will help the developers & Designers at our studios to work towards your standards and features. If you can please give a brief description on your ideal MMO and a list of features. eg. House Ownership, crafting etc. Thanks D.Gray

An ideal MMO... Pretty broad, but I'll give it a shot.
Well, for me, a future-based sci-fi kinda MMO is the best type. Not sure why, but I like that.
An ideal MMO would introduce a new type of battle system, something other than the traditional clicking of an enemy then watch you attack it.
An ideal MMO would allow the players to control the game for the most part. For example, players could own shops and sell things through them, and other players could buy the ownership to a shop. Players could build new shops, new houses, etc. There would somehow have to be a way to prevent crowding.
An ideal MMO would be a vast land, and with my adoration of sci-fi, it'd be cool if it was spread over more than one planet. Which would lead to space travel. Wouldn't it be cool if you could control the space ship?
An ideal MMO would let the user interact with many objects in the environment. For example, a user could pick up a stick from the ground and somehow use it, or pick any plant to try for alchemy.

These are just a few traits for an MMO I've always thought would be ideal. Then again, these are just ideals, unfortunately.

a unifield pvp world with towns and political systems, medieval, players create everything from natuaral resources, no input from developers for economy. No spawning money. Nothing appears from nowhere, everything has a cycle. Beleivable.

Action and skill based (but with crafting and all that). Not an RPG in the typical "target enemy, cast fire spell (which has a random chance of missing) for 50 damage" sense.

No player levels! I'm sick of levels. As players progess they'll learn new skills and upgrade old ones, but it's NOT kept track of by assigning numbers (1-60) and doubling, tripling, (etc) your stats. I don't enjoy the tremendous gap it causes between players, nor the very concept of players "outleveling" areas and enemies. It forces you in a very linear fashion through these supposedly wide open games.

...my ideal MMO. The game should be played repeatedly for the sense of adventure. Not because you need to kill 400 more goblins so that the number beside your name is increased +1 and you can now safely walk around a new zone without fear of being instantly killed.

Well first of all my ideal MMO doesn't exist yet; not many games have even come close, but there was Astonia 3....:D Oldie but a goody.

My ideal MMO can be put quite simply: Fun to play at the lowest graphics / sound settings imaginable. It would have a well balanced story, in which each character in the world participates. There would be conflict, love, morals, and varying personalities from the NPC's around me. The quests would constantly move my characters' power, prestige, and moral standing around in the world. I would have an arch nemesis; and it would be different for each character I created. I could battle my enemies and even my friends, if I created such an evil character. If I wasn't evil then I wouldn't be able to do such a thing (keeping to the idea that your in-game personality remains fairly constant).

When I think of RPG's, I can't help but look back on the worlds of Final Fantasy. Each game was almost poetry in motion. The story was told, and you never regret picking up the game and playing for another hour to finish that next quest. Everything flowed beautifully in Final Fantasy, and I don't see that in the majority of todays MMO's. It's the same old bag of chips with every game I see; excluding a couple that I have in my collection.

This topic is 4300 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.