Sign in to follow this  

Looking for feedback on new idea

This topic is 4298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Over the past couple of years I have typed out a number of tutorials. I am finding, though, that I am reaching the limits of my expertise and have a hard time coming up with things that I can speak to with authority. So, I am going to be trying out a new process on my blog -- sort of a worklog instead of a tutorial. Think of it as an over-the-shoulder viewing of me at work. I have done a first one as a kind of trial run to see how it comes out. You can see it here. I am planning to eventually go through the creation of a complete model from beginning to end, but first I am bringing out just one in order to see what everyone thinks. I am posting this message here in Visual Arts instead of somewhere like Announcements because I am looking for feedback from other artists on this process so that I can make the future series as useful as possible. If you have any feedback, I would love to hear it. Thanks, Scott

Nice polyglog yeah. :)

I think it's usefull to see how you work, both for others to gain insight, and for you - someone might notice a thing that can be done easier/better/faster/different. I'd like to see this continue.

But I think it's better to span a polyglog across multiple pages, sort of article-like. This makes for long scrolling and while it's textually not very intensive, it still is a long way. ;)
Reminds me of Feng Zhu's tutorials bytheway.

Oh, and I believe it'd be helpfull if your blog had a rss feed... ;)

Awesome feedback. Thanks for taking the time to look through it. Point well taken on the length, I agree. I even get lost scrolling down the page and I'm the one wrote it. I'm still new to this blog thing, but I think I managed to set up a feed this morning. I just need to check it for a few days to see if it works the way it's supposed to and add a link. If you want to try it, though, I think this is it.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/LowPolyCooperative

Scott

Cool. It seems to be working -- a couple of you have already subscribed. Thanks for the impetus to do this. I honestly thought the whole RSS thing was over my head. I'll be adding the chicklets soon.

Scott

This topic is 4298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.