Help with texturing and alpha...

Started by
2 comments, last by devronious 18 years, 1 month ago
I have defined a quad using PositionColoredTextured vertices and applied a texture to them as well as color. I want to make the quad have a transparency. How will I make it transparent. I've read and played around without success. It seems like I'm making this too hard or something. Is there a simple solution? Here's what I'm doing: 1. disable lighting. 2. set device texture. 3. use default texture stage states. 4. set the color of the verts to have alpha. 5. draw to scene. result = no alpha but texture shows fine. Thanks for any advice, -Devin
Advertisement
Please tell us what language and compiler you are using.

Thx
can you post some code?

did you enable alpha blending?

there are several ways to blend alpha...materials, in the fvf and the texture alpha channel. you have to set render states up in such a way that the alpha comes from the diffuse in the fvf in your case (not the texture).

-programmer_tom
Language is C#, compiler is 2005 Express. DirectX 9 December.

I have enabled alpha blending and such. My texture alpha works great. But I want to apply a global alpha to the whole texture, not just alpha regions of the texture. I thought I could do that with a material or perhaps the vertex color?

-Devin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement