Scaling down tiny.x

Started by
2 comments, last by JohnBolton 18 years, 1 month ago
I’m having an issue with scaling the 3d models in my program. I’m rendering and animating tiny.x, but she’s absolutely huge. Is the only way to scale her down is to create a scaled down matrix, then combine that into the world view for the model? If that’s the case is the only way, (or the best way) to generalize that to scale different models down is to that the bounding sphere around the model, then use that to scale it down? Either way what are you all doing with this. Thanks.
Advertisement
I would just use D3DXMatrixScaling().

Dave
It worked like a charm, thanks!
I couldn't find in any of the examples that I'm using that use D3DXMatrixScaling, they just change the view space she that shes like -700.0f away. Is there any reason for this, or are they just trying to make is easy?

Thanks.
Probably the examples you are using don't care about scale. They just display the model at whatever distance is necessary to see it. Obviously, that won't work very well if you display more than one model. You have to decide how big you want a model to be in your world's unit and then scale it appropriately.

I wouldn't use a bounding sphere to automatically scale the model. Instead, decide on a scale for each of the models and make those values part of the data.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement