Sign in to follow this  

Nebula Engine 2

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I just found the nebula engine today and from what I've been able to find it look very interesting. The major problems are from what I can see the lack of documentation, only a very short an cryptic tutorial and a Doxygen generated documentation. To the question. I'm developing on Linux and I want to use OpenGL, on the features list the nebula seems to supports this, does anyone know what the current state of this is and if there is some problem compiling software written in nebula for Linux in windows, not very important but would be real cool. And if someone knows some more complete documentation, although I probably could learn from the Doxygen using some nice tutorials would save me a huge amount of time. Thanks a million for any kind of help :D.

I've been using it for many months now.

TBH, I wouldn't particularly recommend it if you aren't using it already. It is an engine that has dragged a large amount of cruft with it as it's evolved, and navigating this cruft can be a pain in the ass. Documentation varies between mediocre and good, but is often out-of-date, and no distinction is usually made between deprecated, planned, and current methods. (Example: The OpenGL renderer exists, but IIRC it doesn't work in the slightest.) At this point, there's very little in the way of examples or tutorials which is not outdated to the point of being misleading. The engine as a whole is solid and featureful, but it is an absolute pain to learn.

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.