Unusually good shareware / freeware games

Started by
20 comments, last by DakeDesu 18 years, 1 month ago
For the hell of it... I'm working on creating a website for unusually good shareware games. (The user should be able to play a significant portion of the game without forking out any money) I have a few in mind already, but I'd like some recommendations.
--------
Whoisdoingthis.com - my stupid website about warning labels.
Advertisement
As I mentioned in the thread about old games looking better than new ones, Alien Breed: Obliteration
Although it's based on a commercial game.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
Escape Velocity Nova. Oh the hours of my life wasted... but such fun :-) and it has user built plugins to extend the game forever!

In fact, Ambrosia has a whole suite of games that you can play for a while before you need to purchase ($15 or so). Some of the best value I've seen out there.
PySol (and its Windows derivative, PySolitaire)
LBreakout2
Chromium
Discordian, yo.
For the PocketPC, try PocketUFO (free, done by some russian guys, I suspect illegal since they use a lot of art from the original game). But that game alone makes buying a PocketPC a better choice than a PSP :)
Any of the games from here.

I'd recommend SCZ, or Blood zero. warning, somewhat violent.
Quote:Original post by EtnuBwahaha. I would've shot the guy in the balls.
Mount & Blade.
I found it from 101freegames.1up.com
Quote:Original post by DrewGreen
As I mentioned in the thread about old games looking better than new ones, Alien Breed: Obliteration
Although it's based on a commercial game.

Reminds me quite a bit of Alien Syndrome. :) Great game, great memories.

Here is the site so far.
(Just started on it tonight...)
--------
Whoisdoingthis.com - my stupid website about warning labels.
I'd like to second that recommendation for Escape Velocity Nova.

Such a good game! =)
--m_nPostCount++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement