• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
immuner

OpenGL Problem with applications on different cards

This topic is 4552 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, i have the following problem. I have several OpenGL applications created on my old machine which used an ATI 9700 pro 128mb card. I decided to change now, so my new pc is powered by Nvidia's 7800gt. The following problem occurs: when i recompile the programs they do not run as smoothly as before. It looks like there is a problem with the card not giving the proper framerates or not being able to refresh properly. Plus, an application which would run up to 800 fps now can't get more than 60 (can't get below 60 either since this is a much more powerful machine). Has this happened to anyone else? Are there any tricky things i should be careful when coding? I am using the latest nvidia drivers (which i hope provides a decent implementation of OpenGL).

Advertisement
Quote:
application which would run up to 800 fps now can't get more than 60

800 fps is one of those crazy numbers that doesn't really mean much....but it sounds like you're locked to 60fps (vsync) in your draw flip function?

Paul

well yes it doesn't mean much but i am pointing it out just for spotting the differences. Indeed it seems i am locked to 60fps, but i have specified nothing like that in my source.
You're right....it's a vsync problem.....I had it set to application controlled but it seems i had to turn it off and now everything works fine.

Thank you people....

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!