Sign in to follow this  
DrEvil

C# book/site recommendation?

Hey everyone. I'm an advanced C++ programmer interested in learning C#. I've messed with it a little and so far really like it. I would like to get some recommendations for a good C# book that covers as much of the C# stuff as possible in a clear and concise manner. Also if anyone has recommendations for websites with some good C# tutorials/articles I would be interested in those as well. Thanks J

Dr. Evil,

When it comes to programming books I never get tired of recommending the Deitel & Deitel books. They've got their "How To Program" series which is used as textbooks in many state universities and colleges. Their books are easy to read, and at the same time thorough.

As an experienced C++ programmer already, I'd recommend "C# for Programmers 2nd Ed."

You can find an amazon link Here.

I'm affraid I can't offer any suggestions on websites with tutorials, etc...as I usually refer back to my books. But I do sometimes refer to CodeProject.com and Codeguru.com for C# and .NET related articles.

Cheers!

I used Programming C# (4th ed.). Highly recommended. It doesn't cover .NET in too much detail (though it is covered; .NET is just a big topic!), but it explains the core language syntax well so that you can peruse MSDN's documentation on the various .NET libraries on your own.