Sign in to follow this  

Header Error

This topic is 4307 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm not surprised. Are you trying to forward declare a class? A variable? A class contained within another class? Something else?

Σnigma

try:
extern beast GreenSlime;
in your header file with
beast GreenSlime;
in your cpp file. The "extern beast GreenSlime;" is the declaration of your variable (GreenSlime) and that declaration will be visible to all of the files that include the header file. The "beast GreenSlime;" in your cpp file should only be compiled once. The linking step of building will take care of making sure all of your files are using the same object.

Okay I did so and it works. I get a different error later in the compile though:

[Linker error]undefined reference to 'GreenSlime'

It was repeated several times to; and I think it was refering to the following code:

if(enemy = 1)
{
Ehp = GreenSlime.Hp;
Edmg = GreenSlime.Dmg;
Edef = GreenSlime.Def;
Eexp = GreenSlime.Exp;
Ecoin = GreenSlime.Coin;
Ename = GreenSlime.Name;
}

Quote:
Original post by Servant of the Lord
if(enemy = 1)

Just spotted that. I assume you meant if (enemy == 1). Assuming this is an error in your source and not a forum transcription error your compiler should have warned you about an assignment in a conditional. Listen to it. If it's not issuing a warning then find the compiler option that will make it.

Σnigma

Quote:
Original post by Enigma
Quote:
Original post by Servant of the Lord
if(enemy = 1)

Just spotted that. I assume you meant if (enemy == 1). Assuming this is an error in your source and not a forum transcription error your compiler should have warned you about an assignment in a conditional. Listen to it. If it's not issuing a warning then find the compiler option that will make it.

Σnigma

Whoops, I do mean '=='. I wonder why my compiler missed that? I wonder how I missed that?

This topic is 4307 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.