[.net] C# OpenGL BSP engine code

Started by
15 comments, last by cody 16 years, 9 months ago
RipTorn has graciously hosted my code for a C# OpenGL BSP engine. You can download it from here. The game is a simple FPS that loads Quake 3 BSP files (probably not 100% correctly...). Only 2 weapons available (numeric keys 1 & 2) ;) The GameServer.msi installer will install the server program that will host a game session so multiple players can connect and fight against each other. There are a few different game types including a simple deathmatch mode, an item collecting contest, and a "marked man" mode where you have to be the marked man at the end of the round to win (you get marked by shooting the current marked man). This was my final project for my game programming class. I hope other will find the code useful in some way.
Advertisement
That is pretty nice. I noticed you couldn't jump if you were on a slope though.

The code is interesting too, thanks alot for sharing :)

EDIT: Its seems like the GameSetup and ServerSetup Projects are missing.
Quote:Original post by Smit
Its seems like the GameSetup and ServerSetup Projects are missing.

Yeah, I had to cut out some of the files to make in under 10MB so I could send the file through GMail. I still have all the files, though.

There's also a cool bug that I found. Go to the giant columns outside (up the stairs) and jump against them while running; you'll run up them! My code for gravity and jumping tests to see if the difference between your current height and the next height is small enough. I set it to a certain threshold for the smooth incline in the middle of the stairs leading outside, but it apparently works for the columns since they're at a slight angle.

if you want to send the remaining files over I'll include them in the upload
Although the new Axiom is still in the process of being made independant from RealmForge, its BSP loader is available here. Any clue what the difference is between yours and Axiom's?
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
the axiom loader is much more complex and has more features(shaders,patches?). but it is also integrated with axiom.

DaWanderers code is very easy to read and to understand and has few dependencies.
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Any clue what the difference is between yours and Axiom's?

I based mine off a series of tutorials I found on the web (I can't remember where now...). Perhaps my loader and Axiom's are similar if we used the same tutorials. In any case, if you want to "roll your own", it's good to have a few different perspectives.

I've also sent RipTorn the setup projects for the engine, so they should be part of the package soon if anyone is interested.

Well, it's not Managed DirectX, but I guess it's gonna be an interesting piece of code to take a look at nevertheless. Many kudos for sharing it! [smile]
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Although the new Axiom is still in the process of being made independant from RealmForge, its BSP loader is available here. Any clue what the difference is between yours and Axiom's?

Thanks for pointing that out, it is awesome news indeed.
That's awesome, very nicely done. I love it, too bad I couldn't find anyone to play with...

It's been mirrored: http://files.robloach.net/Game Programming Final.zip

You might want to make a thread about it in the Axiom Forums just to spark some interest [wink].
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement