Easy Sprites

Started by
2 comments, last by Spater 18 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a model animator similar to poser which could be used to make 3d character sprites. I'd prefer not to use Poser because it takes up too much memory on my system, and the models are usually too high poly for what I'm looking for. So if anyone knows of a program with which you can easily animate characters and take screenshots to create sprites, please do let me know. I am aware of the more complex programs out there like 3d studio max, but I was hoping to find an easy-to-use program that was made mainly for animating pre-made models. Thanks!
Advertisement
Moved to Visual Arts.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Perhaps Milkshape 3D is something for you? It's a low-poly modelling tool, supports animating and it can import/export to a variety of file-types.
Create-ivity - a game development blog Mouseover for more information.
sadly I can't think of any software that you could use like this. You're almost SOL, you might want to hire an modeler who can set up a basic model and create various blendshapes so that you can export modified models

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement