Sign in to follow this  

Visual C# Express and IE 6?

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I attempted to uninstall IE 6 and found that it wont fully uninstall. I went into the registry and deleted all refrences to IE and then tried loading VC# 2k5 Express and it says I need IE 6 to operate properly. I downloaded the IE 6 installer from microsoft and I tried to install it, it says that there is a new version already installed. Then I went to Add/Remove windows components and installed IE from there and it installed but its in C:\WINDOWS\$NTServicePackUninstall$\. I tried to launch VC# and it still says IE 6 isnt installed. I restarted my comp after installing it so what should I do?

This isn't really a programming question, but have you tried to do a system restore to the point in time before you first removed ie6? Assuming you have Win XP.

correct. The IE rendering engine is used internally by Windows in a great many places (and by many many applications running on Windows).
For example the HTML help system utterly depends on it to function. So does Visual Studio (many of the screens and wizards are XML and HTML based and shown using the IE engine).

Why would you even want to remove it anyway? Or are you one of the closet Microsoft haters?
If that's the case why are you using Windows at all, let alone C#?

This topic is 4306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.