Sign in to follow this  
niazware

[java] Java installation problem

hi everyone I've a problem concerning installation of Java 2 SDK, I'm going to develop games for mobile phones, and I've downloaded Omega Basic SDK from www.darkbasicpro.com, but it seems that I MUST have Java 2 SDK installed on my system in order to be able to run this package correctly. How can I install Java 2 SDK on my system? I've tested it several times and even I've used the official site of JAVA, it's size is around 356 KB, but I get strange errors while trying to install it, sometimes errors about internet connection and sometimes about windows installer, is there any thing related to .NET, currently I do not have .NET on my system, service pack? or anything else, also I'm trying to install J2ME which again needs Java 2 SDK, what is J2ME? please help me thanks in advance

go to http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp and download the JDK as an offline installer. It's about 60MB.
Also download the API docs, another 40MB or so.

Then you need to almost certainly download J2ME and its docs.

You don't have to download the API docs but they might help. YOu will need the java SDK and make sure you have the JRE on your machine as well to run the programs. Both can be found on the java.sun.com downloads page.

JDK installation includes a JRE of the same version ;)

While the API docs aren't required to compile things, they're IMO required for every Java coder to have on his machine as a reference. Something like 60% of the questions on Java forums and newsgroups could have been answered by the person asking had he spent a few minutes browsing the API docs...

60%? You're bring modest. I guess it's somewhere around 90%..!!

The other 10% goes for those who could've helped themselves after reading the FAQ :p

Son Of Cain